You are here:Home » MuslimahsOnline » #MuslimahChat

#MuslimahChat


As Salamu-Alaykum, everyone!

It has definitely been a long minute since I was last on here, but many of you probably already know why.

For anyone who doesn't, I've been working super hard to set-up Muslimahs Online, an online community and social network, just for us Muslimahs. The site is now up and running and I am currently working on growing the community. However, feedback has been great so far, Alhamdulillah. 

One of the main purposes of the website is to promote engaging and stimulating discussions. I've come across so many intelligent women through blogging, and I wanted to find a way to bring all these beautiful minds together.

Starting this Wednesday [27.5.15] inshaAllah, the website will be hosting a weekly TwitterChat covering various topics. This week, the chosen topic is 'Depression' - a mental health issue that has an undeserved stigma attached to it.

The idea is simple. During the week leading up to the chat, Muslimahs are able to submit anonymous questions via the website using MuslimahsOnline.com/ask. Then, on the day of the chat, anyone can get involved in the discussion using the hashtag #MuslimahChat. 

If you're on Twitter and have anything to contribute, I'd love to see you get involved this Wednesday. If you have any topics you would like to recommend for the future, I would also be happy to hear about them.

I hope you've all been well, and once I get the website on its own two feet, I'll be back here blogging weekly again inshaAllah!

4 comments:

  1. Good for you hun! The website looks great and is very interactive!

    Jenan
    http://lavieenmauve-jj.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so happy to see it grow each day :) !!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay, thank you for your continued support Nahye! :-) xx

      Delete